If you have any questions, please contact Robin Husslage.
About the S. Melvin Rines Fellowship
The S. Melvin Rines Fellowship – named after University of New Hampshire alumni S. Melvin "Mel" Rines '47 – is a highly competitive award targeting motivated, talented, young professionals committed to making a difference on the African continent through work in financial innovation and enterprise development.The Fellowship provides a partial tuition award to students who enroll in the Master in Community Development program (MCD) at the Carsey School.
The Melvin Rines Fellowship will help to prepare awardees for a rewarding career and future leadership roles within the finance field in Africa. Successful candidates must be committed to Africa’s development and demonstrate outstanding academic and professional achievement, as well as effective teamwork and leadership potential. This fellowship will provide a partial tuition award applied to the student's account in equal amounts over the first four terms.
- Admission to the MCD program
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience at the time of application (acquired after a university degree)
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills required
- A commitment to the goals of the Melvin Rines Fellowship