NH Listens partners with local communities, schools, and state-wide organizations to create environments that help move conversations forward. Working with us brings nonpartisan, civic engagement expertise into challenges your community is facing and helps guide the process, ensure broad outreach, and monitor fairness.
We design for virtual and in-person gatherings.
Our offerings are always tailored to each project, and may include: coalition building, issue framing, workshops on equity, facilitator training – including youth, designing and implementing community conversations, strategies for recruiting participants, analyzing and reporting on findings from conversations, and planning steps to move from talk to action.
The first step is always a conversation with us. You can reach us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 603-862-0692. We look forward to working with you!
Testimonials from People We've Worked With!
Funding and Sponsorships
The costs vary depending on local in-kind donations and services and the presence of a Local Listens organization.
- Local projects have ranges from $2,000 to $10,000
- Statewide projects have ranged from $30,000 to $50,000 or more depending on scope
- UNH Cooperative Extension
- Citizens Count NH
- Endowment for Health
- Leadership New Hampshire
- New England Civic Design Network
- NH Health and Equity Partnership
- NH Humanities Council
- NH Center for Non-Profits
- NH Institute for Civics Education
- New Futures
- St. Anselm’s Center for Ethics in Business and Governance
- World Affairs Council of New Hampshire
Steps for Hosting a Community Conversation
Identify an issue that needs your community’s engagement.
Organize a community conversation with participants, facilitators, and decision makers.
The community conversation occurs over an evening, a full day, or a few.
Decision makers and community members then work together to enact the recommendations.