SMDP - Ghana
SMDP - Ghana
The Sustainable Microfinance and Development Programme comes to Ghana in September 2017, in two one-week workshops entirely devoted to Savings Groups. The SMDP Ghana will take place September 4-15, 2017 in Accra and is offered by the University of New Hampshire, hosted by Microfin Consult in Ghana and delivered by VSL Associates (www.vsla.net).
The SMDP Savings Group (SG) courses are designed for institutions and individuals who are committed to experimenting with the methodology but with the intention to create efficient and effective SG programmes, operating at low-cost and significant scale, leading to a long-term output in which groups spontaneously replicate at high quality and can do so in both Islamic and non-Islamic contexts.
The course will provide participants with the latest tools necessary to design, implement, track and supervise the extent and quality of outreach and offers approaches that are compliant with Sharia financial practice. For this reason it is very much hands-on and involves a mixture of classroom lectures, simulations and field visits to successful savings groups in Ghana that have been running profitably and independently for several years.
- Savings Groups: Programme Design and Implementation Management
- Savings Groups: The SAVIX Management Information System
Here’s what to expect:
- Plenary sessions on the latest Savings Groups learning and innovation
- Structured field visit for week 1 participants
- Step-by-step guidance on field operations, focusing on group governance, products, and procedures
- Introduction to the SAVIX website and the SAVIX MIS. Hugh Allen of VSL Associates was the creator of SAVIX MIS and is teaching this course.
Save the Date
September 4 - 15, 2017