Our mission is to help NH residents talk and act together to create communities that work for everyone. We are committed to creating spaces for productive shared work across differences and assisting NH communities to strengthen local efforts to increase belonging, civic participation, and skills for complex problem solving. We are committed to creating and sustaining a fair process in addressing controversial issues, social crises, or implementing a complex community change process. We partner with public officials, schools, organizations, and leaders in all sectors to gather broad input that can lead to improved practice and policy. New Hampshire Listens is a civic engagement initiative of the Carsey School of Public Policy at the University of New Hampshire.
- Bring people together from all walks of life
- Provide time for in-depth, informed conversations
- Respect differences as well as seek common ground
- Achieve outcomes that lead to informed community solutions
- Engaged and equitable communities
- Increased participation in public life
- Improved community problem solving
We believe engaging all voices in a community can have transformative effects:
- Increasing effectiveness of decisions that get made
- Adding legitimacy to the work of public leaders
- Increasing equity as more voices are included
Since 2010, we have worked at the local and state level to support civil, public deliberation of complex issues affecting New Hampshire residents’ everyday lives. NH Listens has been an Anchor partner with Everyday Democracy since 2015.