Inclusiv and the UNH Carsey School Center for Impact Finance have partnered to bring to you the CU CDFI Practitioner Certificate. This three-week course will take you thru three modules focused on creating a pipeline of CDFI practitioners in the credit union industry that will have a deep knowledge in Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) history, current state, certification, financial inclusion and sustainable strategies and models of CDFI growth.
Slide decks, case studies, speakers, and assignments will give you practical skills and information on how lending deeper in your community can contribute to the larger credit union movement in sustainable and equitable financing for all.
In partnership, Inclusiv and the Carsey School Center for Impact Finance at the University of New Hampshire, believe that Credit Unions have a critical practitioner role in financial inclusion and equitable financial resources to support their members and community.
- January 10 – 28, 2022
- Course Length – 3 weeks
- Virtual Classes:
- Dates: Wednesdays 1/12, 1/19, and 1/26
- Time: 1-2:30 p.m. EST
- Total Course Hours – 10 hours (consists of a 90-minute Zoom class on Wednesdays and another 1-2 hours of outside class work each week.)
Inclusiv members (both non-CDFI and CDFI Credit Unions) who have been certified since 2019. It is assumed that participants will have a:
- General understanding of CDFI Certification.
- General experience in AMIS system.
- Interest in learning about CDFI.
- Interest in learning/sharing in a virtual environment amongst a varying asset sized credit union cohort.
- Interest in representing the Credit Union industry from a CDFI perspective at convenings and events to further education and advocacy of CDFI resources.
- We assume you will dedicate time to complete all coursework and to attend Zoom meetings/lectures (each module builds on earlier coursework so participants must attend all three weeks).
This training is offered free of charge thanks to Inclusiv. Participants are expected to complete all training sections and participate fully in online discussions and classwork. Completion of the course will result in being issued a Certificate of Completion and a Digital Badge/Credential from UNH and Inclusiv.