Day 1, January 17 (9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Context, history of industry, and why CDFIs are needed
- Where CDFIs fit within financial markets
- Current status of the field: players, CDFI types, and size and scope of industry
- Models of CDFI growth to improve scale
Day 2, January 18 (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- How to evaluate CDFIs using a CAMEL analysis (Capital, Asset quality, Management Earnings, and Liquidity)
- Underwriting CDFI Borrowers
- CDFI Hosted Site Visit
Day 3, January 19 (8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Lending policies and portfolio management
- Impact measurement and evaluation
- Public policy, advocacy, and federal programs for CDFIs
- Student case study presentations and discussion of hot topics in the field.
A more detailed curriculum will be made available closer to the date of the course.
"The most beneficial part for me was the CAMEL analysis [Capital, Asset quality, Management, Earnings, and Liquidity] and understanding financials and how they can vary so much from CDFI to CDFI."