Feminist Studies Graduate Certificate
When combined with a Carsey School master's degree program, the Feminist Studies Graduate Certificate program expands student career pathways in the field of contemporary feminism, activism, and related professional networks.
The Feminist Studies Graduate Certificate also enables students to conduct research in the areas of critical Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and centrally relies on analyses from such fields as critical race, ethnicity, nationality, class, age, religion, and disability studies.
Schedule an Admissions
Meeting or Phone Call
Have questions or want to discuss which Carsey School Master's degree program or UNH Graduate Certificate is right for you? Schedule a time for us to talk:
Have questions about admissions, tuition costs, or financial aid?
Curriculum & Requirements
- WS 832 ~ Feminist Theory
- WS 898 ~ Colloquium in Feminist Studies
- PPOL 902 ~ Strategy and Practice of Public Policy (required if pursuing the MPA or MPP)
- EDUC 932 ~ Society and Culture: Contemporary Issues in Counseling
- EDUC 950 ~ Research in Culture, Behavior, and Development
- EDUC 818 ~ Critical Social Justice in and Beyond Education
- ENGL 897 ~ Special Studies in Literature
- ENGL 914 ~ Special Topics in Composition and Rhetoric
- ENGL 922 ~ Advanced Topics in Literacy Instruction
- ENGL 927 ~ Seminar: Feminist Criticism Theory and Practice
- ENGL 935 ~ Seminar: Studies in American Literature
- ENGL 974 ~ Seminar: Studies in 20th Century British Literature
- HDFS 857 ~ Race, Class, Gender, and Families
- HIST 865 ~ Themes in Women's History
- HIST 897 ~ Colloquium (Queer Theory)
- MGT 798 ~ Topics (Women in Leadership)
- POLT 821 ~ Feminist Political Theory
- SOC 876 ~ Family Violence Research Seminar
- SPAN 897 ~ Topics in Hispanic Literature and Cultural Studies
- SPAN 898 ~ Topics in Hispanic Literature and Cultural Studies
- SW 801 ~ Women and Aging
- WS 832, WS 898, PPOL 902, and a Feminist Studies Graduate Certificate Elective will be substituted for 4 of the 5 required Elective MPA courses.
- PPOL 902 - Strategy and Practice of Public Policy is a Required course in the MPP program and is an Elective course in the Graduate Certificate
- WS 832, WS 898, and a Feminist Studies Graduate Certificate Elective will be substituted for 3 of the 4 Elective courses required in the MPP program.