This interactive conference will provide an opportunity for Seacoast leaders to examine the challenges and opportunities associated with creating a more perfect union. Our nation, our state, and our local communities are made up of people from all walks of life, representing diversity in racial and ethnic heritage, languages, religions, and citizenship status. This Seacoast Partners gathering is an initiative of the Seacoast NAACP, the NH Association of Chiefs of Police, and NH Listens. We will use interactive, mixed group conversations to:
- Strengthen relationships across Seacoast organizations and partners;
- Analyze the current state of relationships between law enforcement and community residents and leaders;
- Examine Constitutional and legal factors that affect community—police interactions;
- Broaden understanding of cultural and racial differences;
- Identify strategies and actions for community leaders, civil rights advocates, elected officials, and law enforcement officials to adopt to assure that relationships between police and those they protect and serve are equitable, respectful, and consistent with the core values of a democratic, pluralistic society.